The benefits and effects of therapeutic massage have been experienced for centuries in the East. We have caught on a bit more slowly here in the Western hemisphere, but today even the most conservative doctors sometimes recommend or prescribe massage. Studies have shown that massage can:
- Stretches and broadens muscle fibers
- Increases muscle function
- Increases postural awareness
- Decreases heart rate and blood pressure
- Decreases edema (swelling)
- Loosens adhesions (“knots”)
- Helps alleviate menstrual problems/menopausal symptoms
- Increases expansion of lungs for full breathing
- Eases pregnancy problems such as nausea,
high blood pressure, heartburn, tiredness and back pain.
The results you will obtain depend upon your exact situation. We will discuss treatment goals and options with you during your first visit.
To obtain more information about massage therapy or medical adoption of massage therapy for pain management and other treatments, check out http://www.amtamassage.org/.
New to Massage? What to Expect During Your Visit:
- Appointments are required in advance. Please phone or email us to make an appointment.
- For your safety and health a brief health history form is required (this form will remain strictly confidential). Please use the link below to download the form. Complete it and bring it to your first appointment to ensure your entire appointment is spent on your massage, rather than paperwork.
- You will be modestly covered by a sheet or towel at all times. You may undress to your comfort level or remain clothed. The massage can be modified to work through the sheets or clothing. Modest draping is required by law. All legal and ethical standards are steadfastly maintained.
- For your privacy, before and after the massage, the therapist will excuse himself so that you may get on/off the table in private.
- Sensual or sexual massage will not be performed. The massage will be terminated immediately without refund due in the event of inappropriate or sexual behavior on the part of a client or guest.
BENEFITS, AND WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
NEW CLIENTS: Please download, complete and bring this form with you to your first appointment.
Call us at 601-480-9711 to schedule your massage treatment
with a visit to ROBERT COVINGTON MASSAGE THERAPY
Gift certificates available for any occasion!